Paladin is a nationally recognized leader in complex three-dimensional custom machined and laminated components, using cutting edge technologies, craftsmanship, and innovative process design in partnership with our customers.
In 1985, Larry Bell set up shop as a manufacturer of wood office furniture components, renting the back room of a warehouse in downtown Grand Rapids. Having no loading dock, Larry had his first CNC machine delivered through a window. The Paladin story is one of steady growth in diverse industries, with the construction in 1990 of a new production facility, first facility expansion in 1992, and adding membrane pressing capability in 1993.
- 1996 – Production and assembly area expansion
- 2001 – Implemented new automation, pressing room and material handling systems
- 2006 – “Bob”, our CNC robot joined the team
- 2008 – Plant expansion and advanced technology membrane pressing and automation
- 2011 – Latest facility expansion completed to 84,000 sq. ft.
- 2015 –PUR Lamination Technology and Homag airTec Edgebanding
- 2016 – Panel Saw with IntelliStore System for automatic retrieval and storing of raw sheet stock
Today, Paladin has fourteen state-of-the-art CNC routers, several membrane presses, and lean manufacturing processes housed in an 84,000 square feet manufacturing facility dedicated to panel production and component processing, assembly, and packaging. We provide complete programming, prototyping, tooling, and flexible production services. For wood and plastic components, decorative lamination, custom CNC shapes, and material expertise, your production needs are in good hands at Paladin.
PALADIN Ind., Inc. began an aggressive strategy for reducing environmental impact beginning in 2007. Several initiatives have been implemented. Currently, PALADIN is on course to achieve Zero Footprint status by 2020.
PALADIN Ind. Inc. Green Improvements:
- High Efficiency Lighting – January 2007: Reduction of energy consumption
- Eco Gate Dust Collection Management System February 2008: Reduction of energy consumption
- Continuous recycling of raw material waste
- Plastic 3D laminate
- Wood dust reuse
- Metal & plastic skid/pallet banding
- Zero Hazard Waste
Zero Hazardous Waste:
MEASUREMENT: Zero pounds of waste managed and shipped off-site as hazardous waste for which records are required by applicable regulation(s).
Air Emissions: Under Threshold for permit requirement.
Solid Waste Awareness/Reduction Goals:
Waste Water Awareness/Reduction:
Clean up in spray systems (5 gals a day)